I just want a new president–is that too much to ask??? This week the president called himself the “King of Israel,” talked about ending birthright citizenship, said called himself the chosen one, urging business to not work with China. I’m just like, can we NOT BE A RACIST XENOPHOBIC DICTATOR for a day???
On my blog, I wrote about spending decisions based on time vs. money. There’s a much larger discussion here about those who don’t have the luxury of spending money to save time, but for me, this is what I spend.
Here’s what caught my eye this week!
1. The Amazon is burning because the president of Brazil removed regulations for rain forest protections, meaning that the fires were started intentionally in order to create farm land. This is unreal to see. Please watch this Patriot Act episode from May to understand the gravity of the president’s choices and how he is ruling the country. Do you see why its important to care about the choices governments make now???
2. I picked up Magic for Liars by Sarah Gailey from the library this week. It’s about a woman who is a private detective that is hired to solve a murder at a magical school. It’s been marketed as Tana French meets The Magicians. I’m liking it a lot so far!
3. So excited for all the Disney Plus announcements this week! Ms. Marvel, Lizzie Maguire, The Mandalorian, and so many more shows and movies were announced this week at the D23 Expo. Yay!
4. I’m listening to the new Taylor Swift album and I’m not mad at it…Few more listens and I’ll probably be on board. Getting some Carly Rae Jepson vibes.
5. Bless this thread and this poem:
Have a good week! ♥
HeyLookAtThis! [last week]