This past week I was home on vacation, but didn’t plan anything to do while I was home. I tried to read and catch up on my books, but in reality, I took a lot of naps and fell into a routine of an extended weekend. I came up with this list that sums up my feelings on staycation-ing. Since I hadn’t had a long vacation earlier this year, it was nice to take a break from work.
- Time to yourself
- Running errands at any time.
- Time for reading
- Time for blogging (this post!)
- A nice long break from the world
- Having dedicated vacation activities (like going to a show or shopping)
- Being a little bit sick (this week I ate something weird)
- Not actually having a day to day plan
- Sitting around and not doing anything
- Not knowing what day it is!
The pros definitely outweigh the cons in my case. I didn’t feel like I needed to travel in order to enjoy my time off. I’m looking forward to my next vacation!! ♥
3 thoughts on “Pros and Cons of a Staycation”