1. What was the first and last book you read?
First book? Dr. Suess maybe, last book was The Color Purple.
2. Why do you read the books you read?
I tend to read fantasy/ sci-fi because it allows me to escape from my own life.
3. Perfect day: what book do you read? Why?
Harry Potter, because it never feels worn out and I love the feeling of revisiting the Potter universe.
4. Do you have a favorite book cover/author/title? Why?
I haven’t even read this book yet! But I love the gold inlay and black edges, so cool.
5. If you could predict the next big book trend just by what you wanted to see, what would it be?
I always like dystopian so I hope that continues, but I’m looking forward to the rush of LGBTQ+ literature that should be coming our way after the momentous SCOTUS decision.
6. You can only take 5 books with you to a new planet. Which books are you going to take and why?
Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling, Handmaids Tale by Margaret Atwood, Beloved by Toni Morrison, Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman, Hyperbole and a Half by Alli Brosh. I wanted to pick diverse authors/genres/social issues.
7. You have the opportunity to get a signed first edition, in pristine condition, from any author ever and it will always look brand new no matter how many times you read it. Who’s the author and which of their books is it?
I’m going to go with Nancy Drew.
8. Dream job?
9. You can cast any book for a move. Which book is it and who are your choices?
Girl With all the Gifts by M.R. Carey
Melanie – Kerry Ingram aka Princess Shireen from Game of Thrones
Sergeant Eddie Parks – Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson with a British/Irish accent
Miss Justineau – Freema Agyeman
10. Where is the best place for you to read?
I really enjoy reading on the subway–talk about escaping life!
11. Why do you blog?
Bring fear in the hearts of men, excuse to bake ridiculous things, keeping up with my life.
RULES OF THE LIEBSTER AWARD
1st Rule – Thank the blogger who nominated you and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2nd Rule – Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
3rd Rule – Answer the 11 questions, given to you by your nominator.
4th Rule – Nominate 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 200 followers.
5th Rule – Must inform the bloggers that you nominated their blog for the Liebster Award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it.
6th Rule – Create your own 11 questions for your Nominees to answer.
11 Blogs Worth Checking Out! (Not sure how many followers you have…)
- Tqwana Explains
- Taking Liberty’s
- Becoming Woman
- David Neth
- Renee Noire
- Oppenheimer Poetry
- Around the World in 80 Books
- Book Guy Reviews
- Cats of Publishing
- Life of a Bibliophile
- Ivory Owl Reviews
- What’s your favorite quote?
- Why do you blog?
- What book is a more recent favorite?
- Favorite Movie/TV show inspired by a book?
- Who is your favorite villain?
- What’s something you wish you read, but haven’t yet?
- What’s a book you love, but everyone seems to hate?
- What’s the next book you plan to read?
- What social media platform do you prefer?
- Who influenced you as a reader?
- Where do you read?